Saturday, April 7, 2012

Steampunk Debutante - a tribute to me!



Hola! Today, I want to share with you on a little piece of me ;)))
This altered art was created with 'me' in mind. What I love best, what I do now and what I wish I can do.

What I love best, ( I mean of course besides my loving family!) is able to craft and use it as my own personal stress-relief, detoxification (too much maybe!) therapy.

What I do now, well, it's definitely 'steampunk'! I deal with steam in my job. Saturated and superheated kind! Hahaha..... What I do at work, I need to know how steam behaves so that it does work in my turbine and gives out electricity....using a sustainable fuel. So, steampunk? Ok...I'll take that anytime...hehehe

What I wish I can do? Hmm.... I wish I can fly. Not with wings flapping behind me like this lady but more like to fly an aeroplane. Being the only child, you don't get the luxury of being too crazy, intolerably adventurous. So instead, I only went as high..whoops...not so high as mountaineering and as loooowww as scuba diving....( what I mean is instead of going up, my parents were OK on me going down! Hehe..... After much persuasion of course...and up to a point where I took them with me to show how 'dangerously' safe my hobbies are...lol!)

So, I guess, this art presents a glimpse of me, which is something that I seldom ( or maybe none at all) portrays, in my previous artworks.

OK..so, a bit on this art. I have used a canvas, painted or more like dabbing it with Viva Decor -gold before I painted it whole with black gesso. When dried, I used the brick stencil and dabbed on Viva Decor -gold onto the surface. When fully dried, I sanded on a few areas to give it that 'worn' look.

All the papers that I have used in here are from Graphic45; one of my favourite manufacturers! I have placed a floral design paper at the canvas insert and sprayed with alcohol inks and let it flow across the paper. But eventually you can't really see that effect ..lol! Flowers are Prima's. I love to use lasered chipboard in any of my works so here, I have used the vintage chandelier' from Dusty Attic, which was firstly heat embossed with copper enamels by Shimmerz. Metal book corners are from Tim Holtz and the metal book tag is from American Crafts.

At the bottom left corner, few tiny metal screws were placed using crackle accents. I got that from a computer shop at LowYat, where we are one of their loyal customers! Lol! It was funny how the owner had a puzzled look accross his face when I asked him if I can have some for free...Lol!

Oh..and I have used clockwork parts from Vintaj, if you can see it clearly where the lady is holding on her left hand. At the time when this photo was taken, the glue was still quite wet hence if you notice, the clock hands were kinda sloppy.. a bit...lol!

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog today.

Thanks for stopping by! And do come again ;)

Ciao!

 

 

1 comment:

  1. you blew me away with this one Nida! I dangerously loving it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Your Lovely Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...