Saturday, October 1, 2011

Waterfall Card

Hola! Yesss... finally, I made it! My first waterfall card ever. Hehehe... THIS was a real challenge because it was not just about A CARD but it was also about the technicalities involved! Fhew! My purpose of crafting is to "de-stress" myself from the technical world I'm involved with in my job; but a card?? How technical can it be? Well, this waterfall card requires a mechanism that would enable the pages to flip by pulling a tab. I think you can find a tutorial on this but not exactly like this. Like I've mentioned before in my sneak peek post of this waterfall card, I've kinda reengineered the card a lil' bit just to suit my requirements cos' I got a little bit carried away with the embellishments and all..LOL! I did make a video on this but its not a tutorial. Its just to show how the flipping works, that's all....

Btw, have you seen my previous post on my 9x9 inch framed layout? I can't wait to do some more!! It was so fun to do! Check it out here 9 x 9 inch Framed Layout

Above is the front cover of the card or I would rather call it in the end ' a simple mini album' (SMA). I have used pp from Prima's 6x6 and also fussy cuts a 12x12 inch layout for the gorgeous flowers. For those of you who have seen my previous projects are sure to notice how frequent I have used these pp. Hehehe....(not to waste!not to waste!).

Next,below, is the first page of the SMA and since this is a wedding anniversary themed album; I have asked the client some photos that would reveal their journey of love until today. For privacy, I have blurred the photos. I'm really happy that finally I have given justice to the papyrus that I bought at Manchester Museum while I was a student back then many many years ago. I have always been a collector of unique papers. I have kept the papyrus nicely in a protected box knowing that someday, I'm gonna make good use of it. So, this is the day... :)))) and LOL! I still have some more!

The stamp and chipboard sticker that I have used here are from Prima. I have also used Tim Holtz mask with distress ink. Lace sticker is from Cristina Re. If you can see, I have also used pp from Prima here.

On to the 2nd page and this is a boy's page. If my memory serves me well, I think the pp is from Making Memories. Gears die cuts using Tim Holtz aleration die. I have also used here the tissue tape Journeyman by Tim Holtz. Motorcyle image is a stamp from Hero Arts and coloured lightly with Copic markers.


Can you see the tab has gone a bit longer than before? Hehehe... So that's the tab that actually flips all the pages in sequence as you pull it down. It's an interesting to note that! the more pages you have; the longer your tab will be...I will show you later below....

And next here is a girl's page. I have used 2 MS punches i.e. the hydrangeas and monarch. The stamp (Princess) is from My Mind's Eye. The gold stickers are all from Momoyo. Quite a clean page. I had to limit myself from "over-embellishing" for fear that it would make the whole thing too thick for the tab to work effectively.

And here's another boy's page. Again, I have used the same type of pp except that for the embellishments, I have used 2 stamped cars from Hero Arts and the yellow one was coloured using my Copic. The brown car was coloured using my Faber-Castell's water-colours (not exactly mine..I borrowed from my son).
hey! that smiley star has moved again!! Grrr...
Yayy!! Another girl's page and a simple one too. MS punch has been used here and distressed with peeled paint and fired brick (red brick?). Caged bird die cuts using Kraft Core paper, which was first embossed and sanded. Beautiful rhinestones are from Kaisercraft. Stamped image of a free standing bird cage is from My Mind's Eye.
OK, on to the last layout. Happens to be the smallest piece of card inside (and this is a piece from Mariposa DCWV), where a photo of the whole family has been included. I have added a naked pocket with a tag inserted so that the Owner can write special message for darling hubby. Heheee....

Aahahaha.....Now you can see how far the tag has been pulled out upon reaching the last piece. Actually, come to think of it, you can even write messages onto this tab. I don't think you can add anything else or otherwise you will find it extremely difficult to push the tab inwards. hehehe... But, give it a try lah...






Aaaa... this is the back cover. Kraft-core paper was embossed and then sanded and finally I have swiped distress inks by Tim Holtz on the patterns.

Materials used:
Pp: Prima
Plain cardstock: Bazzil Basics
Chipboard: Dusty Attic
Stamps: Hero Arts and My Mind's Eye
Lace stickers: Cristina Re
Pearls: Queen and Co.
Rhinestones: Kaisercraft & Momoyo
Punch: Martha Stewart
Inks: Distress Ink by Tim Holtz and Archival Ink by Rangers
Die: Caged bird & Gears Alteration Die by Tim Holtz
Chipboard sticker: Prima
Nacked pocket and tag: 7 Gypsies

TFR&L! Ciao!

4 comments:

  1. lovely indeed! love all the details and pages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow it looks really technical indeed, but so beautifully done... lovely details :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, such a lovely project! Gorgeous details and design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This requires a lot of effort Nida, I am not that patient when it comes to completing mini albums :) You did so well, loving the bulky sense of this project. Precious one :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Your Lovely Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...