Friday, July 26, 2013

Made my own stencil

 

Yes! My very first handmade stencil. I have plenty of stencils and I just love using them in my art journal. I can't wait for the new summer CHA stencils release! I'm definitely a stencils hoarder...lol! How do you store your stencils? For me, I use a pocket file of A4 size to store the smaller and medium sized stencils. For the big ones like 12x12, I just keep them in their original packaging. Still looking for a plastic holder to store these big ones. I guess I've not been looking hard enough..hehe....

Anyways, yes, this is my first handmade stencil. I have used a lady figure ( as above ) from a fashion magazine...traced onto a plastic sheet ( I used my shrinking plastic piece....I wasn't thinking ...but doesn't matter..) and cut-out. I placed it on my art journal and sprayed generous amount of Dylusions ink....

Then, I used a black pen to outline the figures....add on another stencil by Ronda Palazarri ( TCW) with distress inks, the number stamps, and acrylic ink....and of course some journaling here and there.

Looks like she's dancing hence, this art journal page is all about that. I love dancing ( secretly..lol!). Once i took up a Malay classical dance class in KL in the 90's. They taught me Mak Yong, Asyik, Inang...gosh.... and a few more I can't even remember their names! Well, that was many years ago! I don't dance anymore except probably once in a while in the toilet..hehehe....or when I was trying to make fun of my son!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Lovely Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...