Thursday, August 2, 2012

Not Afraid - an altered book { kit contest at Papier! }

Hi there! Welcome August and I'm back with another project on altered book. The kit that I have used here is from the blog kit contest for August at Papier. It contains lots of Graphic 45 papers and they are mostly brown. If you are always intimidated by the dull brown colour of a paper, well, don't be! There are many ways on how you can utilize them and one of it is by doing an altered book.

I have used the Race for Time, Bed of Roses, Elusive Wings, Quote ..and Unquote, Straight to the Point! Glimpse of Paris, Tea for Two and Exquisite Motif; all from Graphic 45 for the pages inside this altered book. I used a suitable sized old book; a flea market finds, and cut all the G45 papers accordingly. I have also dislodged all the original pages inside this book. Not gonna be using that for this project. Perhaps for another altered projects ..hehe. I have punched two holes in the centre of the G45 papers and that will be used to bind the pages together at the spine of the book.

I primed the whole book first with gesso and when dry, I applied Marths Stewart paint ( Adobo; not in the kit) onto it. I need a striking colour for the cover. Then I covered both front and back with a G45 papers. Cut out the quotes; and glued it on the cover to be the title for this book.

Using texture paint, I added a bit of the acrylic paint that came with the kit and then applied on a brick stencil. Because the colour is bright, I have tone it down with distress ink by Ranger once the texture paste is dried. Finally, applied a sealer to the covers. The texture paste, brick stencil, sealer and distress ink are from my own.

I have also used word stickers Teeny Alpha in olive green and also cardstock stickers -afternoon muse journalling by Glitz. They are all in the kit! Wonderful!!

The kit also comes with a paper valance and I have used that as a book closure with Velcro attached to it. Once done, you can use this altered book to add in photos, journalling etcs.

So there you are. There are many projects that you can come up with using this wonderful kit.

I'll be sharing with you in my future posting this month with another project from the same kit. The key is to let your imaginations runs freely and be NOT AFRAID ;))

Come and participate in this blog contest at Papier. Can't wait to see what you'll come up with!

For more details on the contest, terms and conditions; please refer to the contest post at the Papier's blog.

{live as you were to die tomorrow; learn as if you were to live forever}

Thanks for stoping by! Ciao!

 

2 comments:

  1. CANTEKNYE!!!. So vogue! Love the vibrant orange, works well with the browns. Certainly a happy journal for me :). Great papers too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shahrul! I love doing this! Love to challenge myself with the kit given...hehe..

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Your Lovely Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...