Friday, September 14, 2012

MyArT - an art journal

Hi there! Today I would like to share with you an art journal entitled 'My Art' -and I love it no matter how it looks! Lol!!
Ok, so that's the problem with procrastination. I did this more than a month ago and now I can't really remember the exact details on how I created this page. Lemme see.....hmmmm.......{thinking!}
Ok, here goes:
1) I gesso'ed the whole page first and waited for it to dry.
2) stamped the butterflies all over - Hero Art and Ranger Archival ink.
3) painted the page with acrylic paint in green by Folk Art. After that, I sprayed water to create a diluted/ runny effect on some areas
{ the item 2 and 3 above is to create the background for the page}
4) using stencil with herringbone design by TCW, i applied a white texture medium by Liquitex onto it and let dry. Once dried, i swiped distress ink onto it - unevenly.
5) since i feel guilty for not using my alcohol inks for a long time, i decided to incorporate it here. You can probably tell where it is ....yes, those green patches...
6) i used correction tape here too then journaled on it using a black Sharpie
7) Lastly, an acrylic ink in black - made small circles and let the excess runs down the page
 

That's it folks! Thanks for stopping by! I'll see you soon!

TTFN!

 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE it!. It looks like you're in a jungle, hunting for butterflies! lol. and you're like inspector gadget looking through the magnifying glass (circles in black ink).... like repeatedly. The chevron looks like bunga kantan :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shahrul! Yeah... Looks like a magnifying glass indeed... Hehehe.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Your Lovely Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...