Monday, January 28, 2013

I Love My Dino - a 12 x 12 layout

Hi there! It's good that we have holidays for the past few days and that means I got to do more of art. I really missed my art journal. I didn't have enough time to spend on my art journal due to my tight work schedule. I have a submission deadline this week and am still working on it. I have tonnes of emails to look into and they are all work related. Boring!

I want to share one of my 'art piece', a scrapbook layout using printed tissue paper, which is glued onto a 12x12 chipboard. I let the soft paper creased here and there when the glue /sealer was applied. When dried, I applied Ranger's distress ink onto it.

The picture frame is from Basic Grey (?) and I added a wooden bird onto it. Tim Holtz's metal tag is added as well and tied at both ends with a leather string from Hero Arts.

Above, I have used flowers ( Prima ) , metals ( Tim Holtz ) and lots of sprays from Dylusions, Ranger, Shimmerz. I have secured them all together using the gel medium from Ranger.
I have also added a "measuring" ribbon by Kaisercraft on the edge of the layout. Word tiles are from Basic Grey and I have actually doodled a square on each. Can't help to doodle. Lol!
Basically, I wanted to make this layout a bit grungy and "jurasically" aged..lol!

Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon cos I have more to share!

Ciao!

 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE LOVE this grungy canvas!!. Jurassic Faiz doesn't seemed too amuse :). I LOVE the dino -scribble-like word and the metal & flowers chunky bits!!. PERFECT.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Your Lovely Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...