Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Bakun - a scrapbook layout

Hola! Today is a week after I had the tooth surgery and still not 100% recovered. Still have a bit of pain on the gum that was stitched and it's a but swollen. I'm enduring ....

Anyway, here's a new layout from me and about me...Hehehehe....I have always loved the Tim Holtz's alteration Gears die. It reminds me so much of my work. Though I don't really design gears, but I used these stuffs as a part of a system. So, basically, this layout is dedicated to what I do mostly....at work...

This layout is about Bakun hydropower station located in a remote area of Sarawak. I was there last year before the water impoundment begins. Today, that jungle behind me could have probably be filled with immense amount of water. There were a lot of criticisms went on before and during the implementation of this project especially by the environmentalists. But that's another story...






This layout is very orangey...don't you think so? I never expected that for when I was doing this, I didn't really know what to expect. I just knew that I wanted to use that gears die, splish- splash everywhere, a bit of girlie stuff ( cos my work is a man's world after all) and paper flowers.






I have used quite a lot of TH's stuffs in this layout including a tissue tape Journeyman, which I folded myself to make a flower and finished it off with a button. Also, I have the paper rosette, which is so easy and fun to make!

And again, I would like to apologize for the quality of these photos. Not taken from my dslr at the moment. Sigh!

Materials used:
Paper: Bazzil Basics
Pp: Echo Park paper co, 7 Gypsies
Die: Sizzix's Tim Holtz - Gears
Grungepaper to make the die cut
Colourwash by Ranger
Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels
Tissue tape Journey man by Tim Holtz
Grungeboard elements by Tim Holtz
Embossing powder by Ranger

TFR & L! Ciao!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Thank You For Your Lovely Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...