Thursday, August 11, 2011

Stampmaker - the test

Hi there! My cheek is still swollen cos
of the tooth surgery yesterday. I can't talk right but I can do a lil' bit of work while sitting down. So, I have decided to work on my new stampmaker ( Teresa Collins) instead. 

Not sure how it is to you but to me it's pretty daunting to look at with all the polymers, negatives, clamps, etc. And most of all you're only provided with 2 sheets of negatives! So kedekut! I was hoping there would be more! With all the experiments to get it right, I'm just not sure how many if these negatives I'll end up using. Anyway, my adventure begins with carefully following the instructions but! I missed one step and that was to dampen my fingern and knowing which side is the printable side! Oh well.. I learned my
lesson well and here's how it looks like. And after 1.5 hrs, it's still wet!img_1313051254.jpgSo, OK, I tried on the right side this time and here's how it looks.img_1313051362.jpgCan you see that the black ink is see through and that's a big NO NO since it will harden whole of your polymer! And here's how it looks like hehehe..img_1313051509.jpgYou can see the car but the details are off! Ok fhew! I've tried a few settings on my printer and I still couldn't find the right one! So, oh well, since I've printed the car twice on the negatives, I've decided to overlap it so that the dark will become darker! If in case you're doing this ( but please try find the correct printer settings to print your negatives! I'm using Canon MP510), be doubly extra careful when you're clamping the negatives with the polymer. You need to get both the images exactly and precisely OVERLAPPED! Below are the two negatives that I have overlapped. img_1313051862.jpg
So, here's my final experiment on stampmaker for today to share with you crazed stamper out there!img_1313051924.jpgOk, the inking isn't so good cos I haven't really cleaned thoroughly the stamp yet! But it turned out OK and I didn't waste much of the neagatives after all.

Now. I'm looking for an alternative for the negative paper and of course... A cheaper alternative!

Here's a peak at my next stamp in the making! Isn't it
Pretty? Yeehaww... There's so much to explore!! Good luck with yours! Ciao!img_1313052155.jpg

Sent from my iPhone


Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Lovely Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...