Thursday, June 2, 2011

Bliss - A work on canvas


 Hi there again! Humbly presenting my work on canvas sheet. Honestly, I have never worked on canvas before. I've seen a LOT of beautiful creations on canvas and I've decided to give it a try. I was so curious on how it would be like working on it. Well, the canvas that I worked on was pretty cheap. I got it from Art Friend at Gardens Mall. Don't ask me on the differences between this canvas and that, cos' hell no! I don't have a clue! If you do, perhaps you can share it with me ...pretty pleaseee.... LOL!



OK, on to this canvas creation of mine. Well, I have used quite a bit of scrap items here. Really scrap items! 

Firstly, it's the netting (zoom in closely and you'll see!), which was actually carrying bits and pieces of toys my son received from a birthday party last week.  

Secondly, it's the doily lace (is that what you call it?), which was actually hand-made by my Mom many years ago for a table-cloth. She wanted to dispose quite a few of these old table-cloth and lucky enough I saw it and saved it from being dump to the landfills! 

Thirdly, the text paper with a bicycle imprinted on it, which was a left-over from previous projects.

So, a lil' bit on the canvas now. I have wrapped the canvas sheet with the netting and later apply gesso before dabbing green and brown arcylic paints onto it.  I should have thicken the paint lah...whaddya' think? Honestly, this thing looks better in real life.
  
Anyways, hope you like what you see here. Do not underestimate your scraps / trash; you'll never know what you'll use it for..he he!
 
 

For this canvas sheet, I have used:
Flowers: Prima
Rhinestones: Kaisercraft
Brad: Basic Grey
Pearls: Kaisercraft

TFR&L! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Lovely Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...