Saturday, June 11, 2011

Happy Birthday! @ CardNation



Hola! Presenting my newest card -Happy Birthday!.
I am a great fan of stamping and here I have used 2 sets of stamps from HeroArts. They are CL478 Going and CL154 Brackets and Tags.

I have never planned in advance what I wanted my cards or scrapbook layouts to look like. My style is always random and definitely 'go with the flow'. Sometimes, when I am just plain lazy, I would just use whatever stash within my reach. LOL! That is to say, things that I don't have to walk or stand to reach for.
This card is meant for a birthday party and I guess it suits for especially the boys.  I have stamped the word brackets and later glued the white cotton around it, just so that it'll look like smoke coming out from the motorcycle. I did this same technique once for my son's birthday invitation card in 2007. That time it was a space shuttle. Maybe I will share with you the same card in my next post.


This is at the back of the card. If you're wondering why the date is post-dated, well, that's the day this card will be given out to the birthday boy.

Other than that, well, for the mptorcycle, I have actually stamped right on the main card and later stamped on another and fussy cut it. Later, I added pop-dots to create extra dimension  to the motorcyle. I have fussy cut the pennant banner from a Cosmo Cricket cardstock and added pop-dots for dimension.

I think this is a very simple card and pretty quick to complete. Hope you like it!


OK, now, for this card I have used:
Stamps: HeroArts CL478 Going and CL154 Brackets and Tags
Pennant banner: Cosmo Cricket
Tissue tape: Journeymen by Tim Holtz

TFR&L! Ciao!

3 comments:

  1. Great card - I hear motorcycles gunning their little hearts out to have a card made after them. :) Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card for a boy! Love the bottom part of the card with all the tickets, right?

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Your Lovely Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...