Sunday, June 19, 2011

This Is Me - a mini album

Hi there! Happy Weekend! (but back to work tomorrow, sigh!). I have finally completed a 12 page mini album (what's mini about that!). I had an enjoyable time doing it though quite a painstaking process since I wasn't feeling well (and still is) and of course plus I have my day job, which demands a lot of my time. 

Anyway, here it is the mini album entitled "This is Me". I bought this mini album from Art Friend at Gardens Mall in KL. If my memory serves me well, it was priced at about RM25.00. They have other interesting designs too. Check it out!. This one is a shape of a car with 12 white blank pages. So now, I'll walk you through the creation of every single page. Shall we?

Page 1: This Is Me

Page 1: This Is Me
For the wheels, I have stamped the sentiments onto a foam paper using Versamark and later sprinkle some holographic embossing powder before heat- emboss. 
Materials:
Stamp: Kaisercraft
Alpha chipboard: American Crafts
Stickers: Momoyo
Embossing powder: Holographic by PSX (on black foam paper)

Page 2: We Are Family & Page 3: These Are Few of My Favourite Things

Page 2: We Are Family
I  have added the caged bird die cuts from Sizzix (used it with my Cuttlebug). There is also a naked pocket stamped with HeroArts Row of Houses (but you can't really see it). For the insert, there is a photo of all of us in the family.

Materials:
Base paper: Prima
Die-cuts: Sizzix - Caged Bird
Stamp: HeroArts
Pearls: HeroArts
Stickers: Momoyo
Naked pockets: 7 Gypsies

Page 3

Page 3: These Are A Few Of My Favourite Things

I have used this page as it is but sprayed on layers of Glimmer Mist using Meadow Green, Cranberry Zing and Turquoise Blue. It looks good in real, like rainbows with a tinge of glitter. Same goes for the naked pocket, which I have also sprayed the Glimmer Mist onto it and later stamped the sentiments. The inserts are categorised on things that are my son's favourite e.g. Ultraman, Dinosaurs etc.

Materials:
Spray mist: Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels
Stamp: HeroArts & Kaisercraft
Flowers: Prima
Brads: American Crafts
Naked pocket: 7 Gypsies

Page 4: My Little Dino

Page 4: My Little Dino
 This is a page dedicated to my son's love of the dinosaurs. I have used this cute Dino cardstock from Basic Grey as the base and added Dinosaurs stickers (a left-over from a birthday party in 2009), which I bought through eBay. Here I have used felt to stamp on the sentiments Genuine and Dreams. On the tag 'My Little Dino'; it was clear embossed first before I stamped the sentiment onto it. I have distressed the edge of this page with Distress Ink.
Materials:
Base paper: Basic Grey
Stamp: Kaisercraft
Clear embossing powder: Ranger
Distress Ink: Tim Holtz
Ink: Memories
Other: Felt paper

Page 5: My Details
Page 5: My Details
This is simple with just using clear embossing powder and stamping. A naked pocket, which was heat embossed with copper embossing powder and an insert, which has some details of my son.
Materials:
Stamp: Kaisercraft
Clear embossing powder: Ranger
Copper embossing powder: Ranger
Distress Ink: Tim Holtz
Rhinestones: Kaisercraft
Ink: Memories
Naked pocket: 7 Gypsies

Page 6: Playschool
Page 6: Playschool
Another simple one. I have traced the shape on a green felt paper and glued onto the page. Stamped the sentiments and later added the die-cuts alphas. I got that really cheap in eBay (LOL!)

Materials:
Stamp: Kaisercraft
Die-cuts alphas: Using Cuttlebug alphabet dies - Olivia
Other: Felt paper


Page 7: Reading Time
Page 7: Reading Time
 I have used Kaisercraft paper for the base for this page. Then, heat embossed with amethyst embossing powder and added the photo. The cut-out alphas was from Basic Grey cardstock. The doilies were handmade by my Mom, who does magic with her hands.
Materials:
Base paper: Kaisercraft
Paper alphas: Basic Grey
Doilies: Honey's Creation - for all my Mom's hardworks!
Buttons: Doodlebug Design
Amethyst embossing powder: PSX

Page 8: Bon Voyage
Page 8: Bon Voyage
 Emm..yeah, he loves to travel too, which is why I have added this page. The base paper is from Kaisercraft and it's actually a world map. I bought a few of this when I was in Melbourne last year. Love the design. The stamps are also travel theme by Kaisercraft.

Materials:
Base paper: Kaisercraft
Stamps: Kaisercraft
Others: Karen Foster Design
Ink: Memories

Page 9: My Mommy
Page 9: My Mommy
 This is my least favourite page, and so happens to be where I'm on it! LOL! Anywaaays...
Well, I have used the page as it is and applied Prima Mask and sprayed Glimmer Mist Meadow Green mixed with Golden Terracotta, and Cranberry Zing as I like. hehe.! Then, I stamped the bird cage and small chandelier using VersaMark and heat emboss with amethyst embossing powder.

Materials:
Mask (for base): Prima
Spray mist: Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels
Light Pink flower: Kaisercraft
Dark pink flower: Prima
Button: Basic Grey
Amethyst embossing powder: PSX
Alpha stamps: HeroArts

Page 10: My Hero
Page 10: My Hero
I like this one! It's so busy. The Paper Loft as the base. It's actually quite nice with all the gears, but you can only see a fraction of it cos' it's all now hidden from view with all the motorcycles and cars and photos and stickers. This is when my mojo becomes syok sendiri, ya' know! The vehicles were stamped on different paper and water-coloured before fussy-cuts and attached to this page. 

Materials:
Base paper: The Paper Loft
Stamps: HeroArts Going
Others: Karen Foster Design

Page 11: Atok & Nenek
Page 11: Atok & Nenek
That's my latest purchase from Scrap n Crop, a paper from Echo Park Paper Co. Macam surat khabar lamaa! Hehe..a page dedicated to the grandfather (Atok) and grandmother (Nenek) of my son.  And the doilies again were handmade by my Mom and added on brads from Kaisercraft. The inserts are few photos taken at places we visited over the past few years. The photo you see now was actually taken by my son. Not bad huh?!

Materials:
Base paper: Echo Park Paper Co.
Doillies: Honey's Creation
Other: Prima
Naked pocket: 7 Gypsies

Page 12: The End

Page 12: The End
OK, finally we are at the end of the mini album. How's the ride so far? Hehe...
I didn't use much buttons in any of the previous pages so this time, it's buttons galore! Hehehe..!
The alpha chipboards are grungeboard from Tim Holtz. Applied gesso (doesn't make much difference, I noticed) and painted it red before applied the crackled paint.

Materials:
Based paper: Kaisercraft
Chipboard alphas: Grungeboard alphabet soup by Tim Holtz
Buttons: mixture of SazzyNSuch and Doodlebug Design
Gesso: Liquitex
Crackled Paint: Ranger


A few more snap-shots below....TFR&L! Ciao!





3 comments:

  1. Great details on your special mini album, Nida! Love the car shape album! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see buckets of embellishment used in this mini album, what an absolutely gorgeous album you have created and love the words "THE END" I can see the crackle paint effect and it is so cool!
    Way to go girl, tanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dear, this is amazing. I am amazed at your incredibly beautiful album :) The precious memories, followed with your effort are certainly priceless. Beautiful work, beautiful stuff. TFS. Take care. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Your Lovely Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...