Sunday, April 10, 2011

Ships Ahoy!!

PIRATES OF THE MEDITERRANEAN SEA

I bet there must be pirates even in the Mediterranean Sea. Here's a layout featuring Faiz in a pirate costume especially made by me! Yeap, from the hat, to the dress and even the belt were all hand-sewn.And who says I don't like sewing again???
Well, OK, only on desperate moments.

 
It was a cousin's birthday party and the theme was of course Pirates. I got the ideas for the costume from the internet and there was this one cutest picture of a boy wearing a pirate costume for a Halloween party.
Anyway, it took me a week to complete it all and thank god the costume and all were still remain intact during the party! I was pretty worried if the stitches would come off and what with Faiz scampering around!

On the layout; this was the first time I had my hands on the embossing powder and heat-gun. The result was pretty messy but since the layout was supposed to be messy; hey..so what?! I have also included distressing work using Tim Holtz distress ink pads on one side of the cardstock then stamped on the funny (if that's what they call it!) alphabets.

For this layout, I have used:
Paper: 12" x 12" Bazzil Basics
Stamp: Hero Arts (the flourish design) and Kaisercraft (funny alphabets)
Embossing powder: ..erk...what's its name again????
Inkpad: Memories and also Versa Watermark

P/s: You can only see teeny-weeny part of the embossed flourish design. Will upload more photos soon!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Lovely Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...