Friday, July 15, 2011

Fraser's Hill - a scrapbook layout


Hi there! Had a long day at work today, came back home and straight went to pack things up cos' we're going to the east coast tomorrow..!! Yayyy!. The east coast of Malaysia has always been one of my favourite destination or more precisely; my favourite scuba diving destination. The islands are abundant with beautiful corals and reef fishes and if you're lucky, you might be able to spot a whale shark and dolphins too. I haven't been diving for a few years now and it's quite sad really. I don't even think I can fit in into my dive suit anymore..woops hehehe! Anyway, the trip to east coast tomorrow is not about going to these islands but we're actually attending a wedding and also 'batik and keropok lekor' shopping extravaganza!Scuba-diving? Well, maybe next time when I can persuade Mr Hubby to follow....

OK, my new scrapbook layout (actually without a title, but I give it one anyway!) entitled "Fraser's Hill" was completed about an hour ago. It took me approximately 1 hour to complete (without interruption, of course!). I have used a plain Bazzil Basics and spray generously Glimmer Mist (red and green) after I have stamped the background with Hero Arts stamps Antique Background and Block Tree. I let the mixed inks flow across the paper top to bottom. No dabbing. I kinda like the effects created by doing so. Feels a bit grungy (to me!) and I like grungy. I have also used a stash of left over papers from Kaisercrafts, which have been cut into various sizes of circles and they were arranged all around the photo. Purple is my Mom's favourite colour, hence I have tried to use all shades of purple and mixed with others that blend well enough. 

The white butterflies were actually a Hero Arts stamp Heart Butterfly stamped onto a vellum with Versamark and later heat embossed with a white embossing powder. The rest of the butterflies were from Spellbinders Butterflies die-cuts and so are the fleur-de-lis.  EKsuccess scallop punch was also used for the journalling tag.

So, since I'll be travelling, no post for this weeekend from me. I'm going to enjoy my 'keropok lekor' !!!


 
Materials used for this layout:
Paper: Bazzil Basics
Stamps: Hero Arts - Antique Background, Heart Butterfly, Block Tree
Ink: Memories & Versamark
Embossing powder: Ranger (copper) and American Crafts (white)
Butterfly dies: Spellbinders
Flowers: Prima
Rhinestones & Pearls: Kaisercraft
Key: Kaisercraft
TFR&L! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Lovely Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...