Saturday, July 2, 2011

Long Life To You - Card

Hola! Been almost a week without any post! Kinda low in mojo lately. Been busy with work and all..

Here's a card, which took me about 3 days to make (so many breaks in between!). This card is specially ordered by a relative of mine for her dear hubby. I have selected a vintage theme for this card and it is accentuated with a page of an old book I bought at a flea market in KL. There is supposed to be a photo of the birthday boy inserted between the bird cage and the typewriter but I have taken it out for privacy purpose. 





On this card, I have used the Time to Stamp by Hero Arts as background by heat embossing with clear embossing powder. The old page was distressed on the edges with Tim Holtz's distress ink (old photo). 

The Heart Flourish stamp by Hero Arts was then stamped on 2 corners of the card as well partly on the old page.  I have also used Type 4x6 stamp by Hero Arts as part of the embellishments.


Prima petals were coordinated with brad by Momoyo and a single butterfly, which was cut using my eCraft. Fantastic!. I have also added the bird cage from Sizzix tied up with a linen string. It was first heat embossed with black sparkle embossing powder and I have purposely missed a few spots just to give a feel of a peeled-off paint look! Hope you like it!

Materials:
Stamps: K5153 Heart Flourish, CL483 Type 4x6 & CG144 Time to Stamp-all by Hero Arts
Die-cut bird cage: Sizzix
Flowers: Prima
Brad: Momoyo

TFR&L! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Lovely Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...