Monday, July 25, 2011

A Keepsakes Box

Hi there! How do you like my new keepsakes box creation? It's very simple, I think. Maybe at the end of this post, I'll let you know how much I've spent for making this box.

OK, patterned papers are from Graphic 45 and Echo Park, ahh yes! and not forgetting Prima. I've basically dressed up the box with these pps as I like. Stamping; yes and that too was added here and there and mostly are from Hero Arts.


Here , on the photo to the right; you don't see the lid handle yet cos' it's actually not fixed yet. I'm having problem finding a suitable one and the only one I could find is from a local hardware shop near my house and it's actually for wardrobes and all..Hehehe... But anyway, you'll see it in the next photo anyway.


Yeah, there it is. The handle. It's kinda blend in alright but to me, hmmphh....still not there yet. I thought I saw somewhere in the web on these things. I might wanna check it out again! Meanwhile, this is the best I could do with...(and it's cheap! RM3 only). I'm not really done with this box, I think. Just feels need to add a bit more of something! LOL!

You see that leg foundations for the box? Isn't it awesome! That's from Tim Holtz and they are metals. Love the design and will buy some more next week!








Budget for this:
Box - RM33.00
Leg foundations - RM36.00
Papers: estimate about RM5.00 each (I have used 2 pps here); of course you can get something cheaper...it's all up to you, really
Stamps: Well, you can use any in your collections.
Lid handle - RM3.00

So that basically works out to be about less than RM100.00; provided you have your own stamps to add to the designs and of course your own embellishment.
So, I guess if you don't have anything at all; perhaps it'll cost you about RM200 (you may wanna buy some stamps and the embellishments!). But, if you can find something in your own household to create; it's even more better; save a LOT of money!
















Materials used:
Box: From ArtFriend (Gardens)
Leg foundations: Tim Holtz
Stamps: Hero Arts Silhouettes and Sew Artsy
Inks: Memories and Distress Inks by Tim Holtz
PP: Graphic 45, Echo Park Paper Co and Prima

TFR &L! Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous box!!. LOVE the vintage feel of it & the metal detailing is so pretty :). PERFECT to keep all curious things we hoard from flea market! :).

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Your Lovely Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...