Monday, September 5, 2011

Scuba-Diving - a scrapbook layout for Sketch#54 @Sketchabilities

Hi there! Selamat Hari Raya or Eid Mubarak and Maaf Zahir Batin to those of you who are celebrating! This is my second layout after a week of Eid celebration and tomorrow....is back to work!work!work!

Latest layout is on Scuba-Diving, which has always been my outdoor passion. Photo was taken at Mabul Island, where we stayed for few days of diving at the island itself, the Sipadan and also Kapalai. I logged my deepest ever depth here, which was at 35m. And this was the place where I had (i think) the most dangerous dive, which was near a dummy oil platform (it was a 'used' oil platform where they left it off the coast of Mabul Island for diving purposes) where the current was incredibly strong.

The underwater view especially in the Sipadan and Mabul Islands was simply awesome and you need to see it yourself to believe. The marine inhabitants were a myriad of colours and shapes and so intoxicating to look at! You just wonder at how great God creations are!

This layout, btw, is my take on Sketch #54 over at Sketchabilities.


I have not used any misting on the paper except those on the paper doilies.  I have also used the Stella-Rose layered chipboard and placed it at upper corner of the photo. Can you see the fence die-cut somewhere on this layout? LOL!

 

Btw, I don't think I have ever seen a bird eating a sea-horse before! LOL! But just for the fun of it, I have glued the sea-horse bottom-up to the bird's beak!

The edge of the cardstock was distressed with Distress-It-All by Zutter. It's quite noisy to use but the result is awesome! I didn't do much of a close-ups here though....



Materials used:
Cardstock: Bazzil Basics
PP: Webster's Pages (can someone confirm if this is right?)
Flowers: Prima
Dress form chipboard: Kaisercraft
Ink: Memories
Stamp: Hero Arts Fish and Shells
Bird cage die: Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations
On the fence die: Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations
Pearls: Queen and Co.
Transparencies: Glitz Creations
Distress Inks: Tim Holtz
Spray-mist: Tattered Angels and Ranger's Colour Wash

TFR& L! Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous page Nida, oh wow...diving! you must be good in diving kan, yeah I know Sipadan and Mabul are just an awesome dive place and islands. Thank you for sharing this page and Selamat Hari Raya, Maaf Zahir & Batin. Yuzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful layout love what you did with the Sketchabilities sketch :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Your Lovely Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...