Sunday, September 4, 2011

2010 - a scrapbook layout

Hi there! It has been like more than a week without any post from me. I've been so busy with Hari Raya with all the visits and also people visiting us. Come nighttime, I was already flat tired and exhausted. Nothing inspired me to craft at all. Yesterday, I finally went back into my craft space and man! I was totally low on mojo! It took me quite some time to decide whether to start on a card or a layout and I even took a longer time to decide which photo to be used. Ughh!

Anyways, here is finally the result; in an attempt to recover my mojo...simple...





It's a layout featuring a travel theme. Photos were taken at Menzies Creek, Belgrave and somewhere in between when we boarded the Puffing Billy steam train. This is my second layout on Puffing Billy cos' I have taken some nice shots here, I think...Lol!

I have used Kaisercraft's paper here, which I have bought when I was in Melbourne last year; and still have plenty to use..LOL!
This layout is very simple and I have even minimized the use of embellishments. ( or i have always been a minimalist all this while! Hehehe!)





You can see I've used a tiny cloth peg in this layout to hold the element grungeboard, which I have stamped with Hero Arts Stripes onto it. I did the same on the numbers as well and to the edges of the paper, which later was distressed with Rusty Hinge.




That metallic leaf was actually part of an earring. I think it's really cool to be able to use real cheap items in your layout as opposed to those they are selling in the craft shops, which can be rather quite expensive! ( of which I still can't help buying...hehehe!)





Materials used:
Paper: Kaisercraft
Stamp: Hero Arts Stripes and Patterned Butterfly
Grungeboard elements by Tim Holtz
Ink: Memories
Flowers: from D'Nata
Tiny cloth peg: from D'Nata

TFR & L! Ciao!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Lovely Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...