Thursday, May 12, 2011

Things That Make Me Happy - A Scrapbook LO



Hello peeps! Presenting a new scrapbook layout "Things That Make Me Happy". 
I have done quite a number of techniques here and they are; stamping, spraying / misting, distressing, heat-embossing, fussy-cuts, quilling, stitching, embossing and painting. Fhew! 

I've tried to make this layout appeared 3D by using a birdcage chipboard by Kaisercraft, added some loose quilled circles, fussy-cuts the embossed flourishes. This is the first time I added quilled techniques to my scrapbook layout; and it's just a a couple of simple loose circles.


The beautiful tassle is from Jolee's Boutique, which I simply fell in love with the first time I saw it at Scrapbook Memories. They are about RM8++ each and came in 3s. That leather string / twine is from one of the souvenir shop in Jaya Jusco and it's about RM3 per metre.

The parentheses chipboard was first sprayed with Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels) and later left to dry before adding on a layer of Crackled Paint. I love the results. 

And the bird cage as you can see on your right, is from Kaisercraft and I've actually applied VersaMark and later sprinklered with embossing powder before finally heat-embossed it. It gives out a shimmering copper tone and I simply love it! It looks so vintage.

For the vines / flourishes around the photo, well that's obviously the tedious fussy cuts lah! You can't see clearly here on the photo, but these flourishes were first embossed with dotted circles by Cuttlebug. I have distressed it with Tim Holt's vintage photo just clear enough to see the embossed patterns. 

Oh yes, and not to forget the stitching on the bird cage! That was hand-stitched and half way through the stitching, honestly, I think I should be considering a real sewing machine...for crafting. I have a big electronic Japanese made "whatsoever" brand but I haven't got myself around to use it. It looks so daunting. 

Last but not least, pretty Prima flowers.

 For this layout, I have used:
Cardstock: Bazzil Basics
Chipboard: Kaisercraft
Flowers: Prima
Tassle: Jolee's Boutique
Rhinestones: Momoyo
Inkpads: Distress Ink by Tim Holtz
Crackled Paint: Ranger
Stamps: HeroArts and Kaisercraft

TFL! Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Lovely Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...